Given the massive writing assignment I gave myself this month, it's not going to take a film historian to guess what most of the movies I watched in March were. I did have to revisit quite a few, especially the earlier pictures, simply because it had been so long since I had seen a lot of them. It turned out to be a cool experiment, reexamining these movies with a different perspective, and by different I mean my own. It also gave me the opportunity to finally see those few I skipped out on. Spoiler alert: I'm glad I did!
I did manage to squeeze a few other titles this month to get myself away from the project every now and then. The one new title I saw that was the highlight of the month for me was Cheap Thrills, a black comedy starring Pat Healy, Ethan Embry, Sara Paxton, and David Koechner. That's all I'm going to say about it, because it's one of those you should go into with as little info as possible. Trust me, the experience of watching it for the first time will be better. It's available on VOD platforms, so I highly recommend you check it out. Me and Jennica saw the film at The Cinefamily, which was followed by a Q&A with Healy, Embry, and two of the producers. One of the best nights at the movies in awhile.
Here's the list of everything I watched this month:
Blade II
Spider-Man
Hulk
Daredevil
Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
The Punisher (2004)
Bad Milo!
Blade: Trinity
Spider-Man 2
Elektra
Fantastic Four (2005)
Black Rock
Ghost Rider
The Blair Witch Project
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Dallas Buyers Club
Iron Man 2
Cheap Thrills
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
The Punisher (1989)
Talk Radio
X-Men: First Class
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Marvel's The Avengers
The Amazing Spider-Man
Iron Man 3
The Wolverine

No comments:
Post a Comment