Dog days of summer indeed.
Here's what I saw this month:
Flash Gordon (1980)
Her
Hell Comes to Frogtown
Mama
Beneath (2013)
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Purge: Anarchy
Jumanji
To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar
Nine Months
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child
Batman (movie serial, 1943)
Batman & Robin (movie serial, 1949)
Deathdream
Without a doubt, the movie of the month was Guardians of the Galaxy. Honestly, I don't think any other movie I saw in August mattered as much. James Gunn's Marvel masterpiece brought me the most joy in a month that saw the funniest man alive passing away and our favorite movie theater in L.A. losing its very soul. Just having the scenes from Guardians of the Galaxy play back in my head or listening to the music from the movie on Spotify has been the pep I needed in what has been a pretty dour month.
Best just to take a deep breath and move forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment