Pumpkinhead
After Hours
Manhunter
Black Sunday
Texas Chainsaw (2013 film)
The Sacrament
Halloween (1978)
Yep, this is all I saw last month. And nearly half of these are repeat viewing. I haven't had much time for watching films. Recently, I've become quite busy. First, I started cleaning out my closets and selling off stuff. More important, I've been writing material for a stand-up comedy routine. This has been a long time coming. I never had a serious interest in doing stand-up (or comedy in any form), but it's something I've been gravitating towards lately. It's something that I love creating, and that fact that it's completely mine and that I can build from the ground up by myself is giving me some much-needed self-confidence and motivation. Now, I'm finally working up the nerve to actually do it. This Friday, I'm going to an open mic and I'm going to throw my name into the hat. Nervous as shit, but way too excited to back out now.
As for movie-watching in this primo month for horror nuts like myself, I won't make any promises that it's going to be epic. For financial reasons, public screenings are out of the question. Unless I'm seeing a regular show at Cinefamily (of which I am a member) and I opt out of a couch. I just found out today that Australia's The Babadook is having its American premiere there. I've been hearing great things about that film for months now, so I might give that a shot. Also, I've been invited to a free screening of the remake/sequel/I-don't-know of The Town That Dreaded Sundown this weekend. I'm pretty sure I'm going to that, too. Other than that, it's going to be home viewings. Last October, I really made a point to load the horror queue up with movies I haven't seen. This year, though, I'm just going to kick it old-school and dust off the old faves. It's been awhile since I've watched some of them, and what's a better time to do that?
See you next month. If you're still alive. Maniacal laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment