No brains necessary, because today we get to take a look at...
Nicholas Cage is back as Johnny Blaze, the motorcycle stuntman who is also host to the Ghost Rider, a fiery entity who hunts down evil. Blaze is hiding out somewhere in Eastern Europe, trying to keep his demon spirit contained. However, a drunken french monk (played by Idris Elba) seeks out Johnny and strikes a deal with him: If he can rescue this boy and bring him to his brethren, they can relieve Blaze of his curse. It's not that simple, however (Is it ever?). Blaze has to protect the boy from another demon, Blackout (Johnny Whitworth), who's been sent to deliver the kid to his father... the devil (Ciaran Hinds).
Now, I'm not one to complain, but I usually don't like my bat-shit this boring. When you hire the Crank guys (Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor) to do something like a Nicholas Cage Ghost Rider movie, I expect complete insanity. Unfortunately, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance- the second (and probably last) movie under the Marvel Knights banner- suffers from only temporary insanity, because it's strictly on a visual level. Other than that, the movie is about as uninteresting as the douchebags I work for. The story is totally unoriginal and the digital cameras suck out any other life the film might have had.
I knew this movie wasn't going to be good, but it is still a major missed opportunity. Because of the PG-13 rating, the film doesn't go far enough to be a bonafide schlock classic. Neveldine and Taylor like to have their dicks in their hands whenever they make a movie, but I was hoping with Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance they would have more to show for it.
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
1 out of 5 Cap shields

No comments:
Post a Comment