El Topo (1970)
Hit the ground running. This is one I've known for a handful of years, but didn't get around to it. With the documentary, Jodorowsky's Dune, coming out, it seems appropriate to finally get on it. The same goes for...
The Holy Mountain (1973)
I have no idea what this film is about, and I would like to keep it that way before I see it. Sometimes, not knowing what you're in for results in the best experiences.
An American Hippie in Israel (1972)
The trailer Grindhouse Releasing put together for this has become one of my all-time favorite previews. I watched it repeatedly for a couple of years before Grindhouse eventually put the film out on Blu-Ray. I own this movie. It's one of my very few blind buys. I just haven't popped it in yet.
The Visitor (1979)
An Italian production that rips off every popular American film at the time and mashes them together. And it stars John Huston, Sam Peckinpah, Shelley Winters, Mel Ferrer, Glenn Ford, and Lance Henriksen?! I understand this film is out-of-control- and so was the director.
Liquid Sky (1982)
I first heard about this as a kid thumbing through those Columbia House VHS catalogs. It had a bold disclaimer at the end of its listing warning of its content. Okay, automatically intrigued. I have seen snippets of this at a friend's Halloween party a dozen years ago, but I still haven't sat myself down to experience it.
The Forbidden Zone (1980)
Considering I'm such a big Oingo Boingo fan, it shames me to say I haven't seen this.
Society (1989)
A Brian Yuzna production, the more I hear it mentioned, the more I want to see it. Too bad the Anchor Bay DVD has been long out of print, much like...
Possession (1981)
I'm a big Sam Neill fan, so this has been on my must-see list for awhile. Other than the title and the poster, I try to know little as possible about this film, even as Elric Kane mentions it in almost every episode of Killer P.O.V.
Torso (1973)
Torso! A pyschosexual killer! Yeah, I love the trailer for this, too. I just hope the movie lives up to it.
Blood on Satan's Claw (1971)
Witchcraft, devil worshippers and lots of nudity. Okay, sign me up. I heard it's awkwardly put-together, but I don't care; I'm a sucker for movies revolving around Satanism. That goes back to the Satanic Panic of the mid-1980s, when news stories or episodes of Geraldo about Satanism used to freak me out. The film is not available in any format in the US, so I will have to throw down around $50 for a all-region Blu-Ray from the UK just to even see it.










No comments:
Post a Comment